_New Victorian Departments and Authorities
Some recent Victorian Government announcements on changes to departments and Authorities are summarised below.
- Land Use Victoria within the Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning (DELWP) has been established within the Local Infrastructure Group and incorporating existing land administration and spatial mapping functions.
- A new statutory authority, Development Victoria will incorporate the property development and civic construction activities of Places Victoria, Major Projects Victoria and the property development function of VicTrack, into a single property development arm of Government.
- The Office for Suburban Development within DELWP has been established to enhance coordination across governments, including the preparation of five-year plans for jobs, services and infrastructure.
- Metropolitan Economic Development will work in an integration role within the Department of Economic Development, Jobs, Transport and Resources (DEDJTR) across the three tiers of government in support of interdepartmental and intergovernmental planning.
- Regional Development Victoria within the DEDJTR will work with various Victorian Government agencies to facilitate economic, infrastructure and community development.
- Transport for Victoria within the DEDJTR was established to bring together the planning, managing and coordinating of Victoria’s transport networks.
- Victorian School Building Authority within the Department of Education and Training was part of the 2016/17 Budget announcement designed to help streamline the delivery of school building projects.
We at Collie will be interested to see the future effects of these changes on planning and development in Victoria.