_Eighteen townhouses approved
Collie recently assisted Madok Group in obtaining town planning approval for the development of eighteen townhouses in Tarneit Road, Hoppers Crossing.
Collie worked closely with the project team in advising on the built form requirements in order to develop a proposal that would be supported by Wyndham City Council.
After attending a pre-application meeting, Collie prepared the town planning report including a detailed assessment of the proposal against clause 55 of the Wyndham Planning Scheme and lodged the application with Council. Collie also assisted in responding to a request for further information as well as two objections received by Council.
A Notice of Decision to Grant a Planning Permit was issued and as no appeal of the decision to VCAT was made by an objector, a Planning Permit was issued shortly thereafter.
Some of the key features of the development include:
- Eighteen two-storey townhouses with two or three bedrooms and secure car parking.
- A proportion of the townhouses designed to be accessible to those with limited mobility.
- A range of ESD features including the planting of indigenous species.
- Siting the townhouses appropriately on the site in order to allow for the future construction of a 12 metres wide service road.
- A multi-dwelling development that is well serviced by a range of amenities with the Tarneit West Village neighbourhood activity centre, tram stops, public open space and a range of schools all within a short walking distance.
Collie also prepared a landscape concept (see below) for the project.