_19 Irving Avenue
Collie was initially engaged to prepare and lodge the town planning permit application for an apartment development at 19 Irving Avenue, Box Hill funded under the National Rental Affordability Scheme. The proposed development comprised a seven storey apartment complex with a mix of one and two bedroom dwellings. Town planning approval was achieved. As a result of a change in the funding available, the development did not proceed and the site was sold.
Collie was appointed by the new owner to guide the amended apartment development through the town planning review and approval process. The Collie tasks included:
- review of the new development plans and documentation of the key differences from the approved development plans;
- preparation of an application to amend the town planning permit;
- preparation of the landscape plan;
- liaison with the owner of the adjoining property to the east to obtain written consent to the amendments, avoiding the need for public notification;
- extensive liaison with officers from various Council departments after the issue of the amended permit, to resolve matters relating to the endorsement of plans and documents under the amended permit.