_DOHERTYS CREEK MASTER PLAN
Highbrook fronts onto Palmers Road in Truganina. It is expected to include a range of dwelling types including medium density housing and public open space areas, with accommodation for an estimated 176 dwellings. Highbrook comprises three distinct landscape areas namely, the Palmers Road verge, the suburban residential heart and the Dohertys Creek reserve corridor.
For this project, the Collie Landscape role involved the preparation of:
- the overall landscape masterplan for the three landscape areas; and
- the landscape concept for the Dohertys Creek reserve corridor (which abuts the southern edge of the suburban residential heart).
To guide the preparation of the landscape masterplan and the landscape concept, we established five key landscape design parameters, which included:
- resilience, scale / proportion, shade / shelter and seasonal change in terms of plant species choices in the first instance;
- aesthetics primarily through street tree species choices and Dohertys Creek reserve landscaping;
- connections principally through the Dohertys Creek reserve;
- responsive interfaces essentially on the edges; and where possible
- differentiation / diversity mostly through street tree species choices.