Collie recently assisted Stockland in obtaining planning approval for 35 double-storey townhouses in Highlands, Craigieburn. The development which is located to the west of Aitken Boulevard. It is expected that the townhouses will attract small families, couples and those wishing to downsize and will contribute to providing a diversity of housing types in Craigieburn. In addition, the townhouses will provide a more affordable housing option including for first home buyers.
Town planning services provided by Collie included:
- advising on the development potential of the site including the likely built form and siting provisions;
- reviewing draft architectural plans and advising on changes to the design to increase liveability, compliance and the likelihood of Hume City Council (Council) supporting the application;
- advising on the supporting material required to accompany the planning permit application;
- reviewing expert documents prepared by others;
- preparing a detailed town planning report including an assessment of each dwelling against clause 55 of the Hume Planning Scheme;
- extensive liaison with the project team and Council.