_WILLOWBANK DEVELOPMENT PLAN
Collie was engaged by the client to prepare a development plan, being the strategic document to guide the future development of its land in Gisborne.
The Collie role included:
- reviewing the relevant planning provisions and advising on the constraints and opportunities for the land;
- advising on the relevant expert supporting documents to be prepared and reviewing these documents;
- drafting of the development plan document;
- preparation of an urban design plan to show how the land was to be developed;
- submission of the development plan;
- working closely with the project team and Macedon Ranges Shire Council, leading to the approval of the development plan.
The site is located within the Gisborne township boundary – the fastest growing settlement in the Municipality and sits within the wider Macedon Ranges region.
Some key features of the development plan include: a mix of lot sizes to cater for residential choice, a proposed landscape buffer along the Calder Freeway boundary to provide amenity and address acoustic considerations, a significant landscaped watercourse (to serve drainage and open space functions) through the land, areas for active and passive public open space and a site for a State primary school.Category